You can use and/or license any of the photos you find on my site, or in my photo catalog, or at Flickr. You can also order prints in just about any finish and size you want, or you can get just the photo in electronic format and print it as desired. Here’s what you need to do.
License my photos
Select the photos you need (if you’ve already located a photo elsewhere, search for it by file name, i.e. RPOP-2010-12-1001) and contact me to purchase the right license (commercial/personal use). You can pay me through PayPal. Then I’ll send you the photos electronically (either via email or web download, depending on the size of your order). This whole process can happen in a few hours or less if I’m not traveling and you don’t have a lot of red tape to go through on your end.
Go to my photo catalog, select a photo and contact me to let me know what size and print material you’d like. Yes, I can even arrange to have the photos printed on canvas and even have them framed and enclosed behind glare-resistant glass.
Use my photos for free
You can use any of my photos on personal or non-commercial websites, for free, without having to ask for my permission, as long as you attribute the photo to me. See my license details here: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial.
If you are a Flickr user, the “Blog This” button is enabled on my photo stream, and you can use that to post any of my photos directly to your blog.
If you are a commercial entity or a for-profit website, my personal or commercial licenses are very affordably priced. Please license my photos through the proper channels.
Commercial Use License
What you can do — I grant you a one-time, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the image for permitted commercial purposes, defined as:
- Advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging
- As part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800 x 600 pixels) use
- Prints, posters, flyers, tearsheets for promotional purposes (not for resale)
- Prints, posters, or other commercial display of image
- Magazines, books, newspapers, other printed publications
- Video, broadcast, theatrical
What you may not do — Buyer may not resell, relicense, redistribute without express written permission from photographer. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Images may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Images may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Image may not be made available for download, as that would fall under redistribution.
Photographer retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the image(s).
There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image file. Photographer will not be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the image(s).
If you are a commercial entity or site, you must purchase a commercial use license, not a personal use license.
Personal Use License
I grant you a non-exclusive one-time personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image, subject to the following restrictions:
- The license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the image(s) for display on personal websites and computers, or for making prints for personal use. The image(s) may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The image(s) may not be used in advertising. The image(s) may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the image(s) remain exclusively with the photographer.
- There are no warranties, express or implied. The image(s) are provided ‘as is.’
Photographer will not be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the image(s).
I copyright my images with the US Copyright Office. Please don’t steal my photos. Do the right thing. My licensing fees are quite affordable.
If you still have questions, feel free to contact me via email or by voicemail at +1 (301) 547-3578. I will return voicemails within a day or two, but email is the fastest way to get me. I usually reply within an hour or two if I’m not traveling.