The following infographic presents some interesting facts about big tobacco:
- The largest US tobacco company, Philip Morris International, is the 94th most profitable company in the country.
- The top three US tobacco companies made over $50 billion in revenues in 2009.
- China is the largest cigarette producing country in the world. Tobacco companies from that country made over $443 billion dollars last year.
- Federal tax on a cigarette pack has gone up from 5 cents in 2002 to $1.01 in 2009.
- Many life insurance companies in America are major stakeholders in tobacco companies.