More than two years after publishing parts 1-8, here’s the final installment in this series, which recaps the features of the cat house I’ve designed and built and describes some improvements that I’ve made to my original design, after testing it through two winters.
We now have four cats (Sasha, Zuzu, Tira and Bubu), as opposed to the original two kittens (Mitzi and Trixie) which you saw in the other videos. Mitzi and Trixie now live with my grandmother in Maramures.
So, what improvements have I made?
- Installed shingles on the roof
- Built an upper level so the cats can really stretch out while they’re inside
- Re-did the wall through which the cats enter the house
- Drilled some aeration holes in the walls
- Removed a pet door which I’d installed at the entrance, for the same reason I drilled the aeration holes, which is to introduce enough air flow in the house and eliminate the moisture that used to gather on the inside walls
- Built an add-on lobby which creates an ante-room on the porch and becomes useful during cold weather
Hope you enjoy this final video and it inspires you to build a nice cat house or dog house for your pets!
Here are the other eight videos in the series: