You can license and use any of the photos I publish here on my website, at Flickr, at Picfair or at Alamy. You can also order prints in just about any finish and size you want, or you can get just the photo in electronic format and print it as desired.
You can also commission me to photograph products and locations or for portrait work. Here’s what you need to do:
To license specific photos
Select the photos you need (if you’ve already located a photo elsewhere, search for it by file name, i.e. RPOP-2010-12-1001) and contact me to purchase the right license (commercial or personal use). The payment is made online and so is the delivery. This whole process can happen in a few hours or less if I’m not traveling and you don’t have a lot of red tape to go through on your end. Or simply go to my Picfair collection or my Alamy collection, select the photo you want and get it directly from them.
Select a photo and contact me to let me know what size and print material you’d like. I can arrange to have the photos printed on canvas and even have them framed and enclosed behind glare-resistant glass. Please realize this process will happen remotely: I will edit the photo for print, send it electronically to a print lab, where it will be printed and mailed off to you. I won’t be able to see the final product, so unless you tell me right away whether or not you’re happy with how things came out, I won’t know and I won’t be able to do anything about it.
Commercial Use License
What you can do — Once purchased, I will grant you a one-time, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the image for permitted commercial purposes, defined as:
- Advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging
- As part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800 x 600 pixels) use
- Prints, posters, flyers, tearsheets for promotional purposes (not for resale)
- Prints, posters, or other commercial display of image
- Magazines, books, newspapers, other printed publications
- Video, broadcast, theatrical
What you may not do — Buyer may not resell, relicense, redistribute without express written permission from photographer. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Images may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Images may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Image may not be made available for download, as that would fall under redistribution.
Photographer retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the image(s).
There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image file. Photographer will not be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the image(s).
If you are a commercial entity or site, you must purchase a commercial use license, not a personal use license.
Personal Use License
Once purchased, I will grant you a non-exclusive one-time personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image, subject to the following restrictions:
- The license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the image(s) for display on personal websites and computers, or for making prints for personal use. The image(s) may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The image(s) may not be used in advertising. The image(s) may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the image(s) remain exclusively with the photographer.
- There are no warranties, express or implied. The image(s) are provided ‘as is.’
Photographer will not be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the image(s).
If you still have questions, feel free to contact me via email or by voicemail at +1 (301) 547-3578. I will return voicemails within a day or two, but email is the fastest way to get me. I usually reply within an hour or two when I’m not traveling.