The Armenian Catholic Church in Dumbraveni

Dumbrăveni ((before 1945 "Ibașfalău"; German: "Elisabethstadt"; Saxon dialect: "Eppeschdorf"; Hungarian: "Erzsébetváros") is an historically significant town in Transilvania. Archaeological digs revealed proof that it was an inhabited place as early as the Paleolithic. We fast-forward through history to come to the time of the Hungarian colonization/occupation of Transilvania, when in 1214, it became part of … Continue reading The Armenian Catholic Church in Dumbraveni