The Gmail team has done it again, and they’ve given Gmail users a whole slew of cool new features.
We’ve now got YouTube, Picasa and Flickr previews, built right into each email message. All we have to do is to put a link to a YouTube movie, or a Picasa or Flickr photo, and its thumbnail shows directly in the message. This feature can be enabled by service from the Labs settings in our Gmail accounts.
I love the “Undo send” feature and have already enabled it. My wife is already using the Offline version of email. It took a bit to sync all her messages, but it’s doing alright now.
Other Gmail features I love are as follows:
- Superstars, which adds additional stars icons. I organize emails that I need to act on that way.
- Signature tweaks, which places the signature above quoted text
- Right-side labels
- Navbar drag-and-drop, which allows me to re-organize the various items on the Gmail screen
- Forgotten attachment detector
- Vacation Time, which lets me specify beginning and ending dates for those times when I can’t get to my email
- Create a Document, which allows me to create a Google Document right from my Gmail inbox (this is new)
- Send & Archive, which allows me to reply and archive that message at the same time (this is new)
- Title Tweaks, which changes the order of the text in the Gmail page title, allowing me to see right away how many unread messages there are (this is new)
- Google Docs gadget, which displays my most recent Google Documents on my Gmail inbox screen
There’s more information about the new features on the Gmail Blog, here and here.
One thought on “Gmail offers another pleasant surprise”
Da aparent cei de la Google au gasit un mod de a ne face viata mai usoara :))
Comments are closed.