I got a really good question about my Wonder Smoothie recipe this morning, one that made me wish I would have included the info right in the original post. The question was:
“I was wondering if you would do a breakdown of your post-workout shake (reason for specific ingredients, e.g. baobab, alkaline water, methylsulfonylmethane, suma root etc.)”
To that effect, here are the main reasons I put each of those ingredients into the mix:
- Chlorella/Spirulina: detox and protein
- Mesquite: vitamins, minerals and lysine
- Gynostemma: strength, endurance, digestion
- Baobab: antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Suma Root: muscle building, endurance and healing
- Triphala: digestion and cardiovascular functioning
- Rose Hip: antioxidant
- MSM: joint health
- Coconut Butter: healthy fats, metabolism booster
- Hemp Seeds: healthy fats, bioavailable protein
- Sesame Seeds: minerals
- Alkaline Water: detox and recovery
- Raw Honey: immunity, healthy sweetener
- Raw Protein: high quality bioavailable protein from plant sources such as brown rice, pea, hemp, amaranth, quinoa and more
As you can see, my Wonder Smoothie is packed full of goodness to nourish the body, help it heal after workouts and support its growth.
I have to tell though, if you don’t get the recipe right, it’s going to taste awful. So play with the recipe until you get it to the point where you can drink this and then always make it the same way.
Drink the smoothie right away after making it — this isn’t one of those drinks that keeps for hours. It spoils after a half hour. And don’t drink it too often, otherwise you’ll tire of its taste and won’t want it anymore. Once or twice a week is enough.
Here’s to your health and continued growth!