In this video, I’m going to walk you through a process that will help you choose the right camera for your needs; it’s the same process I use myself as I choose new photo and video gear. Here are the decision-making steps I talk about in the video:
- Love what you already have
- Learn to use your equipment properly
- Don’t stress out about resolution (megapixels)
- Don’t get on a tech merry-go-round
- You don’t need UHD (4k video) just yet
- Be wary of “filler resolution”
- Separate the “nice to have” from the “must have”
- Get separate photo and video gear in order to obtain the best quality images and video
I hope this helps you!
It may seem like what I say in this video about camera resolution and about separating the equipment you purchase for photograph and video is contradicting what I say in this post, or in this post, but it isn’t that. I’ve done a lot of research and I’ve given this topic a lot of thought, and I’ve simply become more nuanced in my understanding of many aspects of digital cameras and when I sat down and thought about what kind of advice I wanted to give in this video, the statements I made above rang truest.
Thanks for watching!